Friday, July 4, 2014

7.8 - 7.15
Monday
off

Tuesday
A.  3 position snatch (ground, below knee, top of knee ) - E2MOTM x 16 minutes.. building
B.  Front Squat @ 70% of clean @ 5.5.x.1 tempo x 5 x 4 sets
+
3 rounds
30 wall balls, 20#
30 pull ups
30 box jumps
30 T2B
rest 2 minutes bt. rounds


A. 95-105-115-125-135-145-155-165....all done unbroken
B. Done at 175
+
Conditioning 
1.2:24....everything unbroken. Short on time so cut out T2B
2. X 
3. X 

Snatches felt really good. I was surprised how easy I knocked out all three reps at 165. I would like to be able to throw around 185 like that with in the next few months. I was hating you during the front squats at that tempo. I tried going to a gym near where my family was staying to get the wall balls in since I really want to get better at them. When I got there the gym only gave me an hour to get my own training in, so thats what I was able to get done.  

Wednesday
A.  Muscle Snatch - build to a tough triple
B.  Push Press x 6 reps @ 80% of triple from last week x 4 sets
C.  DL; 3 reps @ 63% Every 45 seconds x 10 sets
+
15 minute armap
10 strict HSPU
10 kb swings, 70#


A.125x-120....failed on the third rep at 125
B. Done at 155....cleaned from the floor, all TNG and easy 
C. Done at 255....used clean grip on these. First eight sets no hook grip to work on grip strength, last two sets hook grip since the bar was just getting so wet from the humidity 
+
AMRAP. 9 rounds + 10 swings + 6 HSPU 

All lifting felt good. On conditioning my goal was ten rounds (I normally ask Bryan Miller his opinion on metcon times and rounds and this is what he came up with) All swings UB and easy, the HSPU the first five sets were done in two sets of five then the next four sets were broken into some rep scheme of thirds. I felt I did a pretty good job at staying just around redline on the HSPU's and not completely loosing them. On the HSPU I used two forty-five pound plates with an abmat between just so I kept my hand width the same throughout the entire WOD, and didn't try to go wider as I got tired. I placed my hand on the center of the bumper every set. 

Thursday
A.  Sotts press (behind the neck) x 3 x 4 sets - off feel
B.  RDL x 5 x 5 @ 80% clean
+
20 sec. sprint on beach @ max effort
rest 2:40 x 10 sets


A.55-65-70-75....can't remember the last time I did these
B. done at 205....no hook grip 
+
Sprints. Done, covered same distance every time. 

Friday
off

Saturday
A.  Snatch; 70-80% x 10 reps
B.  Back Squat70% x 3 reps x 7 sets … 23x1 tempo for each rep
C.  14 minute EmOM
odd = 4-5 MU
even = 8 front rack walking lunge steps @ 135-155#
+
4 rounds for time
15 cTB pull ups
10 R/arm kb OHS @ 55#
10 L/arm KB OHS @ 55#
15 burpees to target 8” over reach


Down at the ocean in Mass for the weekend, woke up early to get to the gym down here and for whatever reason the gym was closed. I am pretty annoyed that I can't train today, I was gonna rest tomorrow since the new schedule with the doubles has me training on Monday. Hopefully from now on I can be consistent with training. 
Sunday
A.  C&J; 70% x 10 total reps
B.  Power Snatch - 10 total reps.. building per rep
C.  DL; 85% x 1 rep x 4 sets
+
30 minute steady beach run

No comments:

Post a Comment